Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lurkio late Romans  (Read 6545 times)

PUNCH

• Legionary
    • View Profile
Re: Lurkio late Romans
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2020, 06:49:42 PM »
nice paintwork Nick!

nikgaukroger

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2020, 09:31:08 AM »
Third infantry unit for the MeG C4th Romans finished this morning. Lurkio figures and LBMS transfers. Unit is the Leones auxilia - the pattern is the Iuniores unit in the Notitia but may in fact be the Seniores see http://lukeuedasarson.com/NDleonesIuniores.html

"The Roman Empire was not murdered and nor did it die a natural death; it accidentally committed suicide."

PUNCH

• Legionary
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2020, 04:29:27 PM »
well done Nick!

I must do some of them.

take care.

PUNCH

nikgaukroger

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2020, 04:47:52 PM »
Generals bases for the MeG Romans. A mixture of Lurkio, Donnington and Legio Heroica figures with shield transfers from LBMS as ever. The faces on the vexilla were punched out of a couple of Leones shield transfers left over from when I did that unit.

"The Roman Empire was not murdered and nor did it die a natural death; it accidentally committed suicide."

nikgaukroger

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2020, 05:51:45 PM »
Been reading more than painting in the last few days, but the auxilia of the Celtae have now joined the MeG Roman army.

As usual the figures are Lurkio and the shield transfers are LBMS.

nikgaukroger

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2020, 09:00:13 PM »
Back to C4th Romans. Having done the Celtae it is pretty much compulsory to then do the Petulantes auxilia unit - and not just because there is a LBMS shield transfer for them  ;D  So here they are. More Lurkio 15mm.

nikgaukroger

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2020, 07:30:54 AM »
Getting towards the end of the C4th Roman infantry now with the Herculiani legio. The usual Lurkio 15mm figures with LBMS transfers. Not my favourite shield design but as I am going with the transfers I'm limited by what is available - painting them myself isn't on the agenda  :P

PUNCH

• Legionary
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2020, 10:25:25 PM »
Nice unit Nick!

well done!

nikgaukroger

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2020, 08:47:46 PM »
7th and penultimate legio/auxilia for the C4th MeG Romans; this one is the Ioviani legio. More 15mm Lurkio figures with LBMS shield transfers. Might just get the last one done over the weekend.

nikgaukroger

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2020, 05:58:56 PM »
The 8th and last legio/auxilia for the C4th Romans is done. This is the "not from the Notitia one" to be used as an elite/guard legio. I tried to paint the shields with the Lanciarii pattern, but I wasn't pleased with how that worked so back to transfers  ;D

mad lemmey

• MeG Moderator
  • Tribunus
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2020, 11:58:45 PM »
Top mate
List bounced...

nikgaukroger

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2020, 08:52:44 AM »
OK, there aren't Lurkio figures but they are for the army which is mainly Lurkio infantry  8)

Cavalry figures from Khurasan this time - with sword in hand and some with javelins held behind the shield they are a bit different from the usual poses you get with 15mm figures IMO. LBMS shield transfer is for the Equites Honoriani iuniores; actually this is too late for my army as mine is for the mid-C4th so units named for Honorius are anachronistic, however, one is limited by the transfers available.

nikgaukroger

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2020, 03:28:45 PM »
Second unit of 15mm Khurasan cavalry for the C4th Roman army. LBMS shield transfers, these are from the western Magister Officiorum in the Notitia and it is suggested that they might be of one of the Scholae units.

nikgaukroger

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2020, 01:37:07 PM »
Actual face to face gaming (distanced) is now happening so painting stuff has slowed to a crawl. However, here are some Alans and a camp for my later C5th western Romans. Figures are mostly Donnington from their old range - still good figs IMO  :)

Cyrus

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2020, 02:25:53 AM »
Really impressive 4th and 5th century Roman armies Nik. The Donnington Alans are excellent too. Do you have any idea of what their Blemmye are like? I've ordered some of the Forged in Battle figures and was wondering how they'd mix.