Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 3 questions from yesterday  (Read 102 times)

AntiokosIII

• Legionary
    • View Profile
3 questions from yesterday
« on: November 10, 2019, 07:48:26 PM »
First one was a unit of Burmese crossbow sitting in a swamp. The unit is poor, unprotected, and combat shy, hence hiding in the swamp. It decides to turn 180 degrees without moving. Must it take a KAB for moving in a swamp? We couldnít tell, and took the KAB just to be safe. Correct? Or is reversing front without change of location a move?

Second one was a melee. Two units with zero factors fight, rolling green because they are even. What color does the overlap roll (also zero factors)? White, or black?

Third; a unit of superior lancers charges a unit of skilled crossbow.  Does the skilled crossbow roll white dice with S results counting as wounds...just like experienced crossbow, so Skilled crossbow is not a benefit when charged by Superiors? Thatís what I thought.

Thanks ! I am hoping these are easy ones for somebody.
Miniature Wargaming is the only completely honorable form of warfare ever invented by man.

nikgaukroger

• TWZ Team
  • Magister
    • View Profile
Re: 3 questions from yesterday
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 09:06:37 PM »
First one was a unit of Burmese crossbow sitting in a swamp. The unit is poor, unprotected, and combat shy, hence hiding in the swamp. It decides to turn 180 degrees without moving. Must it take a KAB for moving in a swamp? We couldnít tell, and took the KAB just to be safe. Correct? Or is reversing front without change of location a move?

Good one  8)

I'll leave it for Si  ;D

Second one was a melee. Two units with zero factors fight, rolling green because they are even. What color does the overlap roll (also zero factors)? White, or black?

White as you roll 1 colour down from that which you would roll if in frontal combat.

Third; a unit of superior lancers charges a unit of skilled crossbow.  Does the skilled crossbow roll white dice with S results counting as wounds...just like experienced crossbow, so Skilled crossbow is not a benefit when charged by Superiors? Thatís what I thought.

I think you're right - the S is counting as a Wound for 2 reasons  :o  Again a bit unusual as Skilled crossbowmen are not common.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 07:30:06 AM by nikgaukroger »
"The Roman Empire was not murdered and nor did it die a natural death; it accidentally committed suicide."

Simon Meg-Meister

• TWZ Team
  • Magister
  • TWZ founder, MeG author and lifelong wargamer
    • View Profile
    • The Wargames Zone
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 04:23:05 AM »

To confirm NG right on both of this.  The WHITE+ effect is X or Y for that reason.  Just needed and verge target then you would be GREEN+.
Rolling Skulls in the land or Purple

Simon Meg-Meister

• TWZ Team
  • Magister
    • View Profile
    • The Wargames Zone
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 04:27:24 AM »

That's a good one!!  You guys are so mainstream!

My intent is yes as any activity causing people to have to move through it has risk. But not clear so have just changed terrain entry for the book to

UGs suffer a KaB if any bases in them move

Thanks as not one anybody playing mainstream would ever find!  :P

Si

AntiokosIII

• Legionary
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 08:02:41 PM »
Is being Ďmainstreamí good? If it is, thank you.
Miniature Wargaming is the only completely honorable form of warfare ever invented by man.

Simon Meg-Meister

• TWZ Team
  • Magister
    • View Profile
    • The Wargames Zone
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2019, 05:03:40 AM »
Always compliments for the Cali gang...  ;D