Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Historicon 2024  (Read 771 times)

AntiokosIII

• Centurion
    • View Profile
Historicon 2024
« on: June 02, 2024, 10:56:39 PM »
Well, it’s that time again! Historicon is here from 7/17 to 7/21, and I hope to see you there.

I plan to run a PACTO demo on Thursday 7/18. This will be intended to teach the system to new players, and I will provide mats, troops, terrain, dice, and everything we need.

The main event is a 2 day 4 round tournament with rounds at 10AM and 2PM on Friday 7/19, and 2 more rounds at the same times on Saturday 7/20.Plan to bring a mat, a 10,000 point army from any published list, plus anything else you’ll need, including terrain.

Please let me know in advance if you plan to attend. If we don’t get at least 6 players I will have to cancel.Email me at dlauerman@aol.com or send me a. PM here.
Let’s have some fun!
Miniature Wargaming is the only completely honorable form of warfare ever invented by man.

Jethreal

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
Re: Historicon 2024
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2024, 11:22:52 PM »
Hey there Antiokos!

My buddy and I are planning to come to next years(2025) historicon and we were wondering about the scale you'd use on these games?

If we were to play we'd need to gear up to have an appropriate list and jazz :) 

AntiokosIII

• Centurion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2024, 12:45:27 AM »
Well, so far we have played Maximus 15mm, mostly because we like big armies and 15mm are easy to transport. If you want to play this year but don’t have troops, it’s possible to arranger for a loaner army for the weekend. In any event, come by and play some PACTO, or at least say hello!
Miniature Wargaming is the only completely honorable form of warfare ever invented by man.

Jethreal

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2024, 05:19:47 AM »
We won't be in this year (we're in Canada on the in Alberta) but we're talking about playing next year, wanted to check on scale size :) (we've been playing at 20mm due to a pile of club owned 1:72 scale minis)

Thanks for the info though, it makes us able to plan.

AntiokosIII

• Centurion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2024, 06:14:55 PM »
Just another reminder that the Historicon MeG tourney is still set for July 19-20. The details are above. I am hoping for a good turnout this year. Simon Hall has provided some lovely trophies, and there will be MeG stuff there for sale.Roll Skulls!