Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ally from List 2717 later Moorish  (Read 664 times)

philfigo

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
Ally from List 2717 later Moorish
« on: March 19, 2024, 11:02:26 AM »
If this list is taken as an ally how do we manage the nobles?

"Nobles must be in the Army Commander's command."

Can we take them?
Under what command?

Princeps

• Auxilia
    • View Profile
Re: Ally from List 2717 later Moorish
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2024, 03:19:48 PM »
Section 2.D.1 of rules (PDF p. 32) states that : Sub-generals can be allies with a dedicated command - the number and type of allies allowed for each army are shown in our army lists..

This has to be combined with the rule (non-contradictory, fortunately) at the beginning of each army book : [...]Unless specified in the notes, the general must be the same type as the army commander in their own army’s list but cannot be legendary. Usually this results in 1-3 UGs being compulsory and you having full flexibility on the rest. [...]

My read is that : the general commanding the ally, although with the same type as the Army Commander, is not an AC, but a Sub-General. Therefore he cannot command a unit reserved for AC.

Best,
Antoine

Onurbm

• MeG Moderator
  • Legionary
  • Wuji
    • View Profile
    • Ost de Rueil Malmaison
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2024, 04:08:49 PM »

My read same , Nobles , if taken must be in the army commander command ( c-c ) .
An yes I take them all for next weekend  in Chaniers
Bruno
La question n’est pas de savoir si nous aurons le temps mais bien , ce que nous allons faire avec le temps qui nous est imparti .
GANDALF

philfigo

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2024, 12:58:42 PM »
Ok, I could only use it in a private game where the Moorish allied king comes with his nobles

Thank you

badhabum

• Imperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2024, 05:03:12 PM »
By the way just for infos as I had a discussion about that specific list the allied byzantine general may be instinctive  8) a minor point but a few points