Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Colour blindness  (Read 513 times)

LawrenceG

• Centurion
    • View Profile
    • Travel Terrain shop
Colour blindness
« on: October 31, 2023, 04:23:53 PM »
I know someone who is colour blind, so he can't play MeG

The cards do have numbers on IIRC, but the prompted action table and the dice are still problematic.

To mitigate this I have a couple of suggestions that shouldn't be that difficult to implement:

1. Print the colour words in black on the coloured cells in the prompted action table.
2. For the standard green dice, colour the symbols white (same as the black dice) instead of black.

Not sure if that would be a complete solution (might need some market research), but it would certainly help.

lionheartrjc

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
Re: Colour blindness
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2023, 05:25:19 PM »
I already have a modified QRS that has the colours indicated on the prompted action table.

It is also has a larger font.

Richard

LawrenceG

• Centurion
    • View Profile
    • Travel Terrain shop
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2023, 05:46:56 PM »
I already have a modified QRS that has the colours indicated on the prompted action table.

It is also has a larger font.

Richard

I look forward to that. The font on the current one is hard work to read for the ageing eyeball.

That just leaves the dice, then.

lionheartrjc

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2023, 07:36:10 AM »
I don't know what type of dice you have.  Some of the earlier ones had the symbols printed on and then wear out over time.

The current dice I am supplying (that come from PSC) have the symbols etched in.  A colour blind player could ink in the etched out symbol in whatever colour suited them best.

Richard