Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Allied generals  (Read 147 times)

Geoff

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
Allied generals
« on: March 15, 2019, 12:07:54 AM »
This bit puzzles me a bit. In the lists we have this under Allied forces;

4. Unless specified in the notes, the general must be the same type as the army commander in the main list but cannot be legendary.

The fact that it mentions Legendary makes me think that the "type" mentioned means that if the main army C-inC is competent/mediocre/talented then the ally must be the same. However, "type" could just as easily mean Instinctive or Professional - so the main army has professional then the ally must be also even if the allied army cannot have a professional.
It's all a bit confusing. Some guidance please.

lionheartrjc

• TWZ Team
  • Legionary
    • View Profile
Re: Allied generals
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 08:40:57 AM »
Yes, type refers to both Telented/Competent/Mediocre and Professional/Instinctive.

So an Early Imperial Roman ally for an Ancient British army must be Professional, even though the Ancient British generals are instinctive.

Richard

rayfredjohn

• Bibo Ergo Sum
  • MeG Moderator
  • Legionary
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 11:05:05 PM »

4. Unless specified in the notes, the general must be the same type as the army commander in the main list but cannot be legendary.

The fact that it mentions Legendary makes me think that the "type" mentioned means that if the main army C-inC is competent/mediocre/talented then the ally must be the same. However, "type" could just as easily mean Instinctive or Professional - so the main army has professional then the ally must be also even if the allied army cannot have a professional.

The “Main list” refers to the list from which the Allied contingent is being drawn from. It does not refer to the list to whom the allies are being provided.

nikgaukroger

• Centurion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 06:53:09 AM »

The “Main list” refers to the list from which the Allied contingent is being drawn from. It does not refer to the list to whom the allies are being provided.

Might be that saying "their main list" rather than "the main list" would avoid the question being asked?
"The Roman Empire was not murdered and nor did it die a natural death; it accidentally committed suicide."