Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pacto - Large scale  (Read 1273 times)

lionheartrjc

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
Pacto - Large scale
« on: September 02, 2022, 09:18:15 AM »
I don't know if anyone else has tried this, but I sometimes play Pacto - double size.  So UGs are 80mm wide with 15mm figures.  The number of figures required is about the same as Maximus.
Essentially it is more like Maximus/Magna but plays in about 90 minutes.  Has the advantage all terrain for Maximus is the correct size.

Movement is less fiddly!

Richard 

Dhrazar

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
Re: Pacto - Large scale
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 01:33:10 PM »
So up to 4 bases (or 6 for poors or pikes) ? And same rules of pacto or with some addiction?
It seems interesting!

lionheartrjc

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 04:03:33 PM »
Sorry, I could be clearer.

Pacto rules are unchanged.  The number of wounds to break a UG remains the same.  The only difference is that a "base" (in reality 2 bases one next to the other) is in effect 80mm wide.  As a base width in Pacto is half the base width - 80mm gets halved to 40mm...

Richard

Dhrazar

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 06:21:36 PM »
Uhm...ok, in this way you "fix" the ranges to keep the 40mm base size. I think that half base size, as It Is now(20 mm), works well for pacto. At the beginning we were quite confused, but with playing it was fine enought. I think that half base (20mm) works very well for pacto expecially because you can play in a really small table: this Is the most important thing imho, as It helps also training new players, since pacto was aimed at that.

lionheartrjc

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2022, 09:49:53 AM »
Uhm...ok, in this way you "fix" the ranges to keep the 40mm base size. I think that half base size, as It Is now(20 mm), works well for pacto. At the beginning we were quite confused, but with playing it was fine enought. I think that half base (20mm) works very well for pacto expecially because you can play in a really small table: this Is the most important thing imho, as It helps also training new players, since pacto was aimed at that.

Absolutely and there is no intention to change this as the main approach for playing Pacto. 

Richard

Simon Meg-Meister

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
  • TWZ founder, MeG author and lifelong wargamer
    • View Profile
    • The Wargames Zone
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2022, 10:59:18 PM »
We did that in RSA using 28mm impetus bases.  Looks great and you can build some fab diorama bases.

Si
Rolling Skulls in the land or Purple

SimonStokes

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2022, 01:16:38 PM »
Definitely see how this would work and mean you could play Pacto without having to get different sized scenery and measurement sticks etc. The only down side I can see is that the TUG flanks are narrower so that might have some unintended effects.

Brucka

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2022, 07:34:17 PM »
Did Pacto in 28mm with both Impetus and MeG basing. (I eventually rebased all for MeG as works for both).  I think the doubling will look much better in this scale on the table but really think this may turn it into a Magna game (?) - at least the table size will be increased. I will try both out when the stand-alone Pacto rules become available.
"We both like soup"