Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Evading more than once in a turn  (Read 114 times)

lionheartrjc

• TWZ Team
  • Legionary
    • View Profile
Evading more than once in a turn
« on: March 04, 2019, 04:53:29 PM »
This is a follow up to the Evaders caught in pursuit thread.

The query was raised as to whether a UG can evade (skirmish or run away) twice in the same turn.

I have done some investigation of discussions I have had with Simon Hall.   I believe the confusion has arisen because of a badly worded clarification in April 2018 followed up by the same clarification being abbreviated (making things worse) in the January 2019 clarfiications.

The intention of the April 2018 clarification was that you cannot do a prompted action (M2, M9 or M10) if you have evaded (skirmished or run away) twice or more  in one move.   It wasn't the intention to forbid evading more than once in a turn (even though that is what it said!).  This doesn't seem to have been noticed.

In the absence of Simon giving a definitive ruling - my view as an umpire will be to allow multiple evades in the same turn DESPITE what it currently says in the clarification - but that having evaded more than once the UG cannot then make a prompted action (M2, M9 or M10).

Richard Jeffrey-Cook

Hunter

• Auxilia
    • View Profile
Re: Evading more than once in a turn
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 05:04:01 PM »
That's fair enough.   I for one am happy to play that way as it makes complete sense.
Dishonour before defeat!

Simon Meg-Meister

• TWZ Team
  • Centurion
  • TWZ founder, MeG author and lifelong wargamer
    • View Profile
    • The Wargames Zone
Re: Evading more than once in a turn
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 09:06:33 AM »
See clarry update.
Quite right RJC.
Not my best effort.

In my defence, I see any move which has not choice attached to it as an OUTCOME move.  So a second Run Away caused that way is an outcome move.  Have doubly clarified in the clarried clarry!  ;D
Rolling Skulls in the land or Purple