Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Placing Stakes  (Read 141 times)

Roger

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
Placing Stakes
« on: March 04, 2019, 11:52:48 AM »
2019 Characteristic sheet states " stakes are placed at end of turn phase 6" as this is a different Phase to Movement phase 4,can troops that have moved in Phase 4, place stakes in phase 6?

nikgaukroger

• Centurion
    • View Profile
Re: Placing Stakes
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 01:44:21 PM »
2019 Characteristic sheet states " stakes are placed at end of turn phase 6" as this is a different Phase to Movement phase 4,can troops that have moved in Phase 4, place stakes in phase 6?

I believe they can.

Whilst the clarries make it clear that a unit can only make 1 Prompted Action a turn (with some exceptions) placing stakes is not listed on the Prompted Actions Table, so although it costs a card it appears to be outside of that definition.

Of course this may not be the intent; however, recalling a personal conversation with Simon it does appear to be consistent with what he said then - not that such a discussion is a ruling or similar  8)

As a small aside, the End of Turn Phase sequence makes no mention of placing stakes (or caltrops) - maybe it should, not that I think when in the EoT makes much difference.
"The Roman Empire was not murdered and nor did it die a natural death; it accidentally committed suicide."

lionheartrjc

• TWZ Team
  • Legionary
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 04:42:41 PM »
My understanding is troops can make a prompted action in the movement phase and then place stakes in the same turn.

This was in the clarifications published in April 2018.  It has disappeared from the clarifications published in January 2019.   

Richard

Simon Meg-Meister

• TWZ Team
  • Centurion
  • TWZ founder, MeG author and lifelong wargamer
    • View Profile
    • The Wargames Zone
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 09:04:52 AM »
It is correct and it is my intent.
Provides sensible game balance for the "gadget".

I reality most would be set long before battle started.

Anyway live without them - it's much more exciting!

Si
Rolling Skulls in the land or Purple