Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Spanish Sword and Buckler/Rodeleros - Army of Gonzalo de Córdoba, "El - Capitán"  (Read 1298 times)

Atheling

• Legionary
    • View Profile

To be honest I have also found it very difficult to paint of late. I have discussed my mental health issues briefly on my blog before. Of late, things have become about as difficult as they I have ever experienced. My will to paint is diminished, my personal morale floundering. I will spare you the details; suffice to say that it's heartbreaking not to be able to spend time on the hobby I love due to being overcome by hyper anxiety and a host of other issues. Anxiety, at it's worst, seems to take over all aspects of ones life.

For these reasons I am quite proud to have been able produced anything at all on the painting front. I reckon this unit of Spanish Sword and Buckler/Rodeleros have come out well enough. Though not actually a unit as such, as four bases from each rank will actually be forming the front ranks of a very large pike block, they could be used as a unit in rules like Swordpoint where, for reasons unknown, the Spanish Sword and Buckler are Open Order units are separated from their respective pike blocks. I'm sure that will get sorted out once the Italian Wars Swordpoint  supplement comes out. If it's anything as good as the Swordpoint Hundred Years War Supplement (the best Swordpoint supplement so far by quite some way IMHO) then it will be quite a treat.

All the miniatures are from The Assault Group and are from the Spanish Trastamara range, sculpted by the brilliantly talented Nick Collier.

For many more images of the unit and the single bases from various angles (and the usual gumph!), please feel free to pop over to my Just Add Water Blog here:
https://justaddwater-bedford.blogspot.com/2022/02/spanish-sword-and-bucklerrodeleros-army.html

Sneak peak of single bases:

Cheers

nikgaukroger

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
More magnificent work  ;D
"The Roman Empire was not murdered and nor did it die a natural death; it accidentally committed suicide."

Atheling

• Legionary
    • View Profile
More magnificent work  ;D

Thank you kindly Nik  :)

Rino

• Centurion
    • View Profile
Splendid work!!!

Atheling

• Legionary
    • View Profile
Splendid work!!!

Thanks Rino, appreciated :)

Decebalus

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
Always have a long look at your fantastic work on this and other forums.   I do like these chaps - the combination of red/yellow is very atmospheric.   Your basing sets them off very well.   I do struggle with bases - bit like Goldilocks porridge, never quite right!

When I used to play Renaissance - began with George Gush's book and rules - had some sword and buckler men.   In open order they tore up most infantry.   I think they were Conquistadors from Naismith, 25mm midgets now.

Do keep them coming.   

Garry

Atheling

• Legionary
    • View Profile
Always have a long look at your fantastic work on this and other forums.   I do like these chaps - the combination of red/yellow is very atmospheric.   Your basing sets them off very well.   I do struggle with bases - bit like Goldilocks porridge, never quite right!

Thank you Garry.

When I used to play Renaissance - began with George Gush's book and rules - had some sword and buckler men.   In open order they tore up most infantry.   I think they were Conquistadors from Naismith, 25mm midgets now.

Yeah, those Naismith's are pretty small by comparison. Then again, I remember when "we" were all talking about Foundry being tall and chunky, even they're quite small by today's standards! I just hope the whole scale creep thing does not continue unabated. surely we have reached some sort of ideal state as regards sculpts now?

MaxPuster

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
Intimidating beautiful, as always with your work  :)

Atheling

• Legionary
    • View Profile
Intimidating beautiful, as always with your work  :)

Many thanks mate. Very much appreciated.  :)