Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Early Arab Conquest  (Read 1070 times)

nikgaukroger

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
Early Arab Conquest
« on: July 16, 2020, 01:17:28 PM »
Don't think this list should have itself as an enemy - the civil wars between muslims came later (Arab Conquest list covers that) and the apostates in the Ridda are covered by the Pre-Islamic lists.
"The Roman Empire was not murdered and nor did it die a natural death; it accidentally committed suicide."

nikgaukroger

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
Re: Early Arab Conquest
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 01:28:25 PM »
Also should not have Early Khazar - the fighting against them started after the end date of this list; the ARabs hadn't yet got far enough north  :)
"The Roman Empire was not murdered and nor did it die a natural death; it accidentally committed suicide."

Gower

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 07:42:21 PM »
I thought the Ridda wars counted as a civil war, along with Abu Bakr others actions against local tribes around Mecca?

Wayne

nikgaukroger

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 07:59:07 PM »
You could count the Ridda as a civil war but that would, I think, depend on how you viewed the relationship of the apostates with the muslim state. The list as I wrote it certainly doesn't cover them and the Pre-Islamic Arabian says that it covers armies from the Ridda Wars. The use of the different lists brings out, IMO, the differences between the more determined and cohesive armies of the muslim state and others.

lionheartrjc

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2020, 02:24:49 PM »
This will be corrected in the 2021.01 version.