Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 15mm Late Roman Auxillium Palatina - Petulantes Seniores  (Read 825 times)

Nathan

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
15mm Late Roman Auxillium Palatina - Petulantes Seniores
« on: June 18, 2020, 06:08:55 PM »
I've returned to painting my Late Roman army after a recent detour making a 1/1250 model of HMS Queen Elizabeth. As mentioned previously, I actually started this army in the 1980s and it languished for a long time at the back of a cupboard with only a few figures painted. I've now got three infantry units complete and have sufficient old Minifigs figures for one more legion which I've started painting in the last couple of days. After that, lots of cavalry to add to the one unit I've already done.

The line infantry figures and trumpeter are vintage 1980s Minifigs. The officer and draconarius slightly later Museum Miniatures.

I didn't actually have enough auxiliary infantry figures but for some reason I had some similar Late Romans with smaller shields that were sold as Legionary Lanciarius skirmishers so I made some new shields for them, as I did for the Museum Miniatures officer, to match the Minifigs auxiliaries.

There are a few more pictures and a fuller write up on my blog.

https://smallitalianwars.blogspot.com
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 06:31:25 PM by Nathan »

nikgaukroger

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
Re: 15mm Late Roman Auxillium Palatina - Petulantes Seniores
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 06:12:53 PM »
They are splendid  ;D
"The Roman Empire was not murdered and nor did it die a natural death; it accidentally committed suicide."

Lanceflint

• TWZ Team
  • Centurion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 08:58:21 PM »
Superb! Mind those ankles.

Jilu

• Centurion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 10:05:44 PM »