Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Another Saturday, another query...  (Read 68 times)

AntiokosIII

• Auxilia
    • View Profile
Another Saturday, another query...
« on: April 14, 2019, 12:59:56 AM »
This week’s conundrum; Elephants declare flank charge on foot; foot declare charge on somebody else, charging first, before the Ellie’s. The foot’s charge takes them out of elephant’s reach.
Do the elephants still make a charge move? We decided that the elephants still make a charge move, and can change their wheel to follow the departing foot as best they can, even though they cannot catch them. Did we do this right?
Personally, I’m pretty certain we did it right...but they were my elephants and a move set them up for a rear charge the next turn, so perhaps I am biased.

Thanks
Miniature Wargaming is the only completely honorable form of warfare ever invented by man.

lionheartrjc

• TWZ Team
  • Legionary
    • View Profile
Re: Another Saturday, another query...
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 07:00:54 AM »
Sounds correct.

The elephants must charge, either in their origignal charge direction, or to follow their charge target. "Follow their charge target" means that if the charge target is no longer in the direction of their original charge they may wheel up to 90 degrees in order to be heading towards their charge target.

So when declaring charges you need to think about the charge order and where you might end up if your opponent charges first.

Richard

Simon Meg-Meister

• TWZ Team
  • Centurion
  • TWZ founder, MeG author and lifelong wargamer
    • View Profile
    • The Wargames Zone
Re: Another Saturday, another query...
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 08:36:35 AM »
Yes all correct.
There are times when the chargers just don't catch them.

Si
Rolling Skulls in the land or Purple