Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 4203 Middle Warring States Wuqiujiu - clubmen  (Read 408 times)

LawrenceG

• Centurion
    • View Profile
    • Travel Terrain shop
4203 Middle Warring States Wuqiujiu - clubmen
« on: January 09, 2024, 09:07:57 AM »
A bit late now, but ...

I was converting over some armies to the new lists and I noticed that the Wuqiujiu - clubmen are unprotected melee expert.

The DBMM army lists describe these thus:

The small state of Chungshan had troops alled wu-ch ' iu-chiu in iron armour wielding iron clubs "whatever they hit they smashed and wherever they went they met no resistance".

Unfortunately they don't give the source.

"iron armour" sounds like it should be at least protected and "whatever they hit they smashed" sounds more like 2HCC than melee expert.

Also if they were intended to compensate for lack of chariots by taking on enemy shooty chariots, protected 2HCC would make more sense than unprotected melee expert (vulnerable to shooting and no special anti-mounted capability). Even being superior they are worse against mounted than the normal average protected long spear infantry, and only marginally better against LSp infantry.

Is there other evidence that they were vulnerable to missiles and not that great in melee?

nikgaukroger

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
Re: 4203 Middle Warring States Wuqiujiu - clubmen
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2024, 09:20:21 AM »
The source is Lü's Spring and Autumn Annals and they really should be Protected.
"The Roman Empire was not murdered and nor did it die a natural death; it accidentally committed suicide."

lionheartrjc

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
Re: 4203 Middle Warring States Wuqiujiu - clubmen
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2024, 10:24:04 AM »
I better start a list of changes for 2026!

Richard