Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Charges ending up in an edge to edge contact with another UG  (Read 3028 times)

Princeps

• Auxilia
    • View Profile
Re: Charges ending up in an edge to edge contact with another UG
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2023, 07:15:40 AM »
It is because the first quote really needs to be saying contacted on an edge by the front edge or front corner of charging enemy or some such wording.

Corner to corner does not create combat.

Thank you Nik.

Best,
Antoine

ShrubMiK

• Legionary
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2023, 03:11:33 PM »
Lawrence makes a good point, otherwise there is potential for cheese.

badhabum

• Imperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2023, 03:58:21 PM »
It is because the first quote really needs to be saying contacted on an edge by the front edge or front corner of charging enemy or some such wording.

I think if the UGs are in the "headlight beam" of each other, then corner to corner contact probably ought to create combat.

I suggest the governing principle should be the contact does not create combat if the static UG does not obstruct forward movement of the moving UG.

Ok and en français cela veut dire quoi ?

Sorry but you have lost many people who are not nativeenglish so could someone explain or even better create a picture explaining your idea .

For now, from what I understand , the ruling is : corner to corner is NO combat, no SUG that poffes out of existence but that even if there is a ruling the discussion continues ..so where are we now . Please

ShrubMiK

• Legionary
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2023, 04:46:46 PM »
My UG is facing your UG, but at an angle, and I declare a charge.

Front left corner of my UG contacts front right corner of your UG.

If my charge path was slightly further to my left we would have combat: my front edge would contact your front corner.

If my charge path was slightly further to my right we would have combat: my front corner would contact your front edge.

It doesn’t seem reasonable that by some fluke of geometry we could end up perfectly corner-to-corner and the result is no combat.

nikgaukroger

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2023, 05:56:23 PM »

I think if the UGs are in the "headlight beam" of each other, then corner to corner contact probably ought to create combat.

I suggest the governing principle should be the contact does not create combat if the static UG does not obstruct forward movement of the moving UG.

Ok and en français cela veut dire quoi ?

Sorry but you have lost many people who are not nativeenglish so could someone explain or even better create a picture explaining your idea .

For now, from what I understand , the ruling is : corner to corner is NO combat, no SUG that poffes out of existence but that even if there is a ruling the discussion continues ..so where are we now . Please

Lawrence is talking about what he feels ought to happen.
"The Roman Empire was not murdered and nor did it die a natural death; it accidentally committed suicide."

Glactophagos

• Legionary
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2023, 06:00:57 PM »
'Lawrence is talking about what he feels ought to happen.'

So NOT official policy, I gather?
Just trying to translate to continentalese here...

Huub
Let's fight on the table, not on the forum.

nikgaukroger

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2023, 06:01:18 PM »

Thank you Nik.

Best,
Antoine

I guess for completeness I should note that chargers edge to enemy corner created combat as well.
"The Roman Empire was not murdered and nor did it die a natural death; it accidentally committed suicide."

nikgaukroger

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2023, 06:08:04 PM »
'Lawrence is talking about what he feels ought to happen.'

So NOT official policy, I gather?

Huub

Yup.

If front corner to front corner created a combat the provisions of 4 J (PDF) and 9.4 M (Compendium) would eb worded differently by not having the front corner to front corner bit  :D