Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Supporting UGs and shove?  (Read 502 times)

ShrubMiK

• Legionary
    • View Profile
Supporting UGs and shove?
« on: November 07, 2023, 07:59:45 PM »
A supporting UG in melee has the Shove characteristic.

I assume if its die rolls S or Skull it will trigger the immediate bonus white die roll even though not frontally engaged- I don't see anything to say it wouldn't, but I am not sure if this is the intent, or how it is being played. (One of the downsides of only playing solo so far!).

And if so...

Is it possible to get multiple bonus white die rolls against a single UG, from a single combat? (e.g. up to 3 bonus dice, if overlapping on both sides). Again I see nothing in the rules to say no to this - but in Maximus/Magna only a single shove effect occurs per file combat so it feels like there should only be one bonus white die per file combat for equivalence?

lionheartrjc

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
Re: Supporting UGs and shove?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2023, 07:44:30 AM »
Yes, as you say there is nothing in the rules that says it wouldn't.

Yes, again there is nothing in the rules that prevents this.  Note also that in Pacto an UG contacted on multiple edges will fight back once for each edge - so it is different from Maximus/Magna combats.

I only roll bonus dice rolls for Shatter and Shove results on S dice rolls.  Not on Skulls.  I have found that bonus rolls on skulls is too powerful.  This is how it is described in the Appendices.  Unfortunately on page 69 it talks about Skull or S results. (I have added this as a recommendation in the errata).

Richard

ShrubMiK

• Legionary
    • View Profile
Re: Supporting UGs and shove?
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2023, 12:23:45 PM »
Thanks!

I think I will go with shove/shatter effects only on S results as well...from unscathed TuG to broken TuG in a single combat round does feel rather too swingy. And makes it more critical to get +1 or +3 in claims and hence an extra potential skull, making generals in combat more powerful.