Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Changes to KAB tests in Pacto  (Read 629 times)

Commodore Rob

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
Changes to KAB tests in Pacto
« on: November 29, 2022, 08:45:45 AM »
So as I believe it stands the current plan is to reduce the KAB tests in Pacto by two colours.

I think this is the wrong approach.

It is my belief that the issue of massive cascades in Pacto is not down to the dice but a combination of the width of Unit Groups and the range of KAB tests. ( Caveat I play Pacto in 15mm)

What this results in is a higher frequency of double or triple KAB tests where as in Maximus it would not.

Therefore my view is in the camp that cab tests should not be reduced in dice but the range restricted to being 2cm instead of 6cm.

The reason is I play Pacto to have quick fun games and all reducing the dice colours does is slow down the game and remove the brutality.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 08:48:26 AM by nikgaukroger »

Simon Meg-Meister

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
  • TWZ founder, MeG author and lifelong wargamer
    • View Profile
    • The Wargames Zone
Re: Changes to KAB tests in Pacto
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2022, 01:48:22 PM »
We are treating this year as a year to take feedback and make final tweaks next year.   

You can use either to reduce it.  If you like the faster more dramatic outcomes no one will object.

But our thinking at this stage is that slowing the collapse gives both the feel of the bigger game and we are aiming to promote Pacto and Magna a lot on 2023.

We will keep a watching brief. We also do not want to slow games down much.

Si
Rolling Skulls in the land or Purple