Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Late Romans - Equites Promoti Seniori  (Read 1276 times)

Nathan

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
Late Romans - Equites Promoti Seniori
« on: March 17, 2019, 08:34:51 AM »
I've just finished my first cavalry unit, the Equites Promoti Seniori. Again this is a mix of old painting tidied up and completely newly painted figures.

I've used different Asgard (then Table Top Games, now Alternative Armies) riders and a Minifigs trumpeter mounted on Asgard and Minifigs horses for variety but modified all the shields (apart from the trumpeter) to about the same diameter and added brass spears and javellins to bring them together as a unit with a degree of uniformity.

On the left is the Asgard figure for Promoti light cavalry, missing from the Alternative Armies range but it turns out they still have the mould (I don't know about the master) as they sent me one mixed up in an order for LRC7 heavy cavalry with spear. He is mounted on an odd Minifigs horse from the spares box - really wish I had modified the harness, removing those tassels,  to look more like the others. The figure on the right is the Asgard LRC7 heavy cavalry with spear, mounted on an Asgard Roman light cavalry horse. You can't really see from this angle but I filed his large oval shield down to a circle, about the same size as that of the Promoti.

I've got all the figures from an Auxillia cleaned up, on their painting bases and primed as my next unit of Romans. Slowly getting there!

https://smallitalianwars.blogspot.com

rayfredjohn

• Bibo Ergo Sum
  • T/O
  • Tribunus
  • Wargamer Based in Surrey and West Sussex
    • View Profile
Re: Late Romans - Equites Promoti Seniori
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 09:06:36 AM »
They look great. I admire your dedication.

mad lemmey

• MeG Moderator
  • Tribunus
    • View Profile
Re: Late Romans - Equites Promoti Seniori
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 09:35:11 AM »
Very nice chap
List bounced...