Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Turning to face flank  (Read 619 times)

daveparish

• Legionary
    • View Profile
Turning to face flank
« on: October 17, 2022, 12:35:21 PM »
Couple of flank-y Pacto questions came up at our club:-

On the Pacto QRS there is no MF2 (turn to face enemy contacting flank). Does this mean you can't or do you instead use M9 (turn 90 degrees) - which is possible because you are one wide, unlike a TUG in Maximus?

There is also a note down the side which says you can use M9 in the combat phase. Is this to replace the use of MF2 in the fighting phase in Maximus ... and does it therefore occur at point 5.5 in the sequence?

Can bases of the same TUG ever face different directions in Pacto ie if contacted front and flank could you turn one base each way or are you doomed to one flank melee?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Dave P

lionheartrjc

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
Re: Turning to face flank
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2022, 03:22:49 PM »
I believe the M9 action can be used to turn in combat.  It can be done in either the movement or fighting phase. 
In Pacto, all bases must face in the same direction, 1 file wide.  If hit in front or flank, one combat will inevitably be a flank combat.

Tbe new Pacto rules will make this clearer.  It is one section that is being rewritten for Pacto.

Richard

daveparish

• Legionary
    • View Profile
Re: Turning to face flank
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2022, 04:57:58 PM »
Thanks for the answer, Richard. Yes, several people at my local club were getting confused (mostly we play Pacto down there but a few also play Maximus and I think that was the problem - they saw MF2 wasn't available and so assumed turning while in contact wasn't available). All clear now - thanks!