Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pacto - Future Plans  (Read 7738 times)

AjojMajoj

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
Re: Pacto - Future Plans
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2023, 11:50:32 PM »
The KaB test is really a question of how dramatic seeing other UGs/generals killed should be.  I like the fact that Poor troops can get the skull, but average and superior troops don't. 
Since the very beginning of MeG in Poznan, we used the home-rule that Skull on KaB test on UGs gives just a wound. Tested multiple times, worked very nice.

One more thing - did you think about giving infantry the possibility to fall back? Without it playing "classic" battles like Persians vs Greeks makes it hard for shooty Persians on foot.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 11:53:15 PM by AjojMajoj »

AjojMajoj

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2023, 12:33:45 AM »
Yesterday we had a small Pacto event with new rules, so I can give some feedback.

Good:
- shooting without skulls but with slows - works fine.
- Wound on S with shove makes sense.
- Weaker KaBs - work nice (still can do a lot of mess), however might be a bit confusing for newbies as generals roll normal colours - the old version was easier to remember.
- TuGs 3-deep - very nice.

Not so good:
- Skull on S with shatter - too strong.
- Ambushes are almost impossible - the cards are too large! ;)

Bad:
- block moves... We played with normal version fo this rule, as it would be just too much of a change.

To consider:
- the lack of fall back on infantry sucks the same as in old Pacto, please consider putting it back at least as an option.

lionheartrjc

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2023, 07:05:38 AM »
Thanks for the feedback. 

The Pacto version will see:
  • Shooting - Skulls will be a wound and a slow.
  • Obtaining an S with a Shove or Shatter will now be a re-roll (White dice for Shove, Green dice for Shatter) - not an automatic wound/skull.
  • KaBs will be Green/White/Black for Units.
  • Block moves - we are retaining the normal version.
  • Fall back for infantry is being reinstated.

Richard

Rex

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2023, 09:01:11 AM »
Hi,
My wife and a couple of my friends will be playing the Skull Rollers event in March at battlefield hobbies.
Could you confirm what amendments will apply to the original rules as printed in the compendium edition set will apply.
We are hoping to get together for a couple of practice games but are unsure of what rules will have changed.
Thanks

lionheartrjc

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2023, 07:26:04 AM »
The Pacto changes that will be in the new Pacto PDF edition will be:
1BW (base width) in Maximus/Magna becomes 1HBW (half base width) in Pacto.

1. KaB tests reduced in effect.  Poor rolls GREEN.  Average rolls WHITE.  Superior & Exceptional roll BLACK.  Elephants/Battlewagons roll BLACK.
2. Skull results from shooting cause a wound and a slowing effect.
3. Skilled shooters vs Superior upgrade a dice colour at <= 1 HBW.
4. Foot crossbows standing to receive upgrade a dice colour.  But downgrade against FArm foot and FArm elephants at <= 1HBW.
5. Slowing effects.  Skirmishers and mounted slow by 1HBW for S or Skull results.  Foot, artillery, firearms and shower shooting slow by 2HBW for S or Skull results.  Press forward as per Maximus/Magna.
6. Shooting arc.  UGs must shoot at target most directly ahead.
7. SuGs can only fight TuGs that are a wound from breaking.
8. Align UG to UG in Pacto.  Supporting UGs also align.  A supporting UG that aligns or is aligned to cannot move in the movement phase.
9. Flank/rear.  UGs hit on front and flank/rear do not turn but can roll 1 dice for each edge contacted.  Contact on each enemy edge gives 1 UG fighting and supporting UGs.  So in theory an UG could be fighting on all four edges and their opponent could have up to 4 supporting UGs

Melee combat: in the example A is contacted on all four edges by 1 (with 2 supports) 2, 3 on flanks and 4 (with 2 supports) on rear.  1 and 4 have supporting UGs.  2,3 and 4  will get +2 for flank/rear.   Note supports for 1 and 4 could be replaced by supports for 2 or 3 but no more than four supporting UGs can be achieved.

2A3

10. Bonus dice for shatter and shove.  Instead of neighbouring file effects. Shatter results give an immediate bonus GREEN dice.  Shove gives an immediate bonus WHITE dice.

Richard

nikgaukroger

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2023, 07:55:50 AM »
The Pacto changes that will be in the new Pacto PDF edition will be:
1BW (base width) in Maximus/Magna becomes 1HBW (half base width) in Pacto.

1. KaB tests reduced in effect.  Poor rolls GREEN.  Average rolls WHITE.  Superior & Exceptional roll BLACK.  Elephants/Battlewagons roll BLACK.
2. Skull results from shooting cause a wound and a slowing effect.
3. Skilled shooters vs Superior upgrade a dice colour at <= 1 HBW.
4. Foot crossbows standing to receive upgrade a dice colour.  But downgrade against FArm foot and FArm elephants at <= 1HBW.
5. Slowing effects.  Skirmishers and mounted slow by 1HBW for S or Skull results.  Foot, artillery, firearms and shower shooting slow by 2HBW for S or Skull results.  Press forward as per Maximus/Magna.
6. Shooting arc.  UGs must shoot at target most directly ahead.
7. SuGs can only fight TuGs that are a wound from breaking.
8. Align UG to UG in Pacto.  Supporting UGs also align.  A supporting UG that aligns or is aligned to cannot move in the movement phase.
9. Flank/rear.  UGs hit on front and flank/rear do not turn but can roll 1 dice for each edge contacted.  Contact on each enemy edge gives 1 UG fighting and supporting UGs.  So in theory an UG could be fighting on all four edges and their opponent could have up to 4 supporting UGs

Melee combat: in the example A is contacted on all four edges by 1 (with 2 supports) 2, 3 on flanks and 4 (with 2 supports) on rear.  1 and 4 have supporting UGs.  2,3 and 4  will get +2 for flank/rear.   Note supports for 1 and 4 could be replaced by supports for 2 or 3 but no more than four supporting UGs can be achieved.

2A3

10. Bonus dice for shatter and shove.  Instead of neighbouring file effects. Shatter results give an immediate bonus GREEN dice.  Shove gives an immediate bonus WHITE dice.

Richard

Having used these yesterday at the Battlefield Hobbies event they are, IMO, a significant improvement for Pacto. For me it has moved Pacto from a game I wasn't that interested in to one I am happy to play (although maximus will always be my preference) - well done RJC  ;D

"The Roman Empire was not murdered and nor did it die a natural death; it accidentally committed suicide."

Rittervonbek

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2023, 09:37:41 AM »
Looking forward to the new release. 😀

lionheartrjc

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2023, 11:10:05 AM »
UPDATE:   After a delay, the MeG Pacto PDF has now been completed and will be launched shortly.

Richard

Rittervonbek

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2023, 08:20:43 AM »
Really on tenterhooks now!

ksym77

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2023, 09:19:05 AM »
I thought I saw the rules would be out midnight on Sunday? Have they been delayed or do I just not have the right info?

varangian69

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2023, 10:17:32 AM »
I saw the post by Si: "MEG PACTO. It’s here. It’s the biggie as it is the standalone smaller version to allow everyone to be into the game. Come join the events all over the globe - Historicon, Thailand, Uk, Greece, France all doing a Pacto boot camps.
Goes live on Sunday at midnight as a pdf. Simon Clarke.  Lulu PoD will follow shortly." Obviously, there's some kind of delay.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 10:19:46 AM by varangian69 »

nikgaukroger

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
"The Roman Empire was not murdered and nor did it die a natural death; it accidentally committed suicide."

ksym77

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2023, 10:42:24 AM »
Awesome! Thank you!