Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: About No camp option and consequences  (Read 472 times)

Onurbm

• MeG Moderator
  • Legionary
  • Wuji
    • View Profile
    • Ost de Rueil Malmaison
About No camp option and consequences
« on: August 23, 2022, 12:03:30 PM »
 ;) From a preliminary exchange in preparing Bruxelles tournament on 3/4 september 2022

Q1 : No camp :
- Army lists states « No camp deploys a poor mobile camp when defending and no camp at all when invading »
- The army builder allows for Average and even Superior « No camp » .
- do I assume correctly this be a minor bug in the army builder ? Or do you suggest this be an authorised way of wasting ressources in Average , Superior « No Camp ».

Q2 : Is the Army builder part of the rule as an « official rule reference » or just an optional  tool for players . Note that it is not mandatory to use it, i assume one is allowed to waste time in computing by hand .

As i am currently coaching a team of players to MEG, down here in Orleans (France) ; i do not mind my opponents in competition to waste ressources but i’d rather teach the proper way to friends 
Q3 : Most recent Rule element supersedes earlier one’s ? and what are official rule elements : QRS, Printed Compendium, Oficial claries, army Builder …. anything ese ?

Have a nice day to all.  8)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 07:12:10 PM by Onurbm »
Bruno
La question n’est pas de savoir si nous aurons le temps mais bien , ce que nous allons faire avec le temps qui nous est imparti .
GANDALF

nikgaukroger

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
Re: About No camp option and consequences
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 12:25:26 PM »
Q1 - a "feature" (ahem) in the army builder; if you look at the Calculating Points section in each lists PDF you will see the table there has only points for Poor No Camp. If one is list checking and somebody has chosen an Average or Superior No Camp one would point out to them that there is really no such thing and it provides no benefit. Suspect the army builder has had this left in on the basis that anyone who has read the description would never take anything other than Poor - does mean it can be done accidentally though.

Q2 - if you really want to do it by hand, feel free. However, I would think any competition would require you to use it.

Q3 - think that is the official list.
"The Roman Empire was not murdered and nor did it die a natural death; it accidentally committed suicide."

Onurbm

• MeG Moderator
  • Legionary
  • Wuji
    • View Profile
    • Ost de Rueil Malmaison
Re: About No camp option and consequences
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2022, 09:10:06 AM »
 ::)Hi Nick

HAIL to the TWZ team imperator.
Fully agree with you , ahem included  You read my mind.  8)
Actual intent hidden behind those questions is to induce some four News MEG players i am coaching, down here in Orleans(France) in a relaxed efficient approach to the game .

In case of disagrement, first take things cool  in due order. If you can’t agree , drop ŕ short note on the forum , there are several friendly persons who will help there.

Last but not least :
Should  your  ;Dclub-opposent want to do something one evaluate as « silly » , let him do And obtain appropriate reward.
Be kind and diplomatic in the way to explain why it was silly and how you suggest to do better.
Those fellows at the club are no « opponents » they are the partners who will help improving… and possible win some tournament elsewhere

Have a nice day, meet you again some time somewhere. :D

PS : I expect xxxx will go on his superior no camp at BRULIB ;D
Bruno
La question n’est pas de savoir si nous aurons le temps mais bien , ce que nous allons faire avec le temps qui nous est imparti .
GANDALF