Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Playing MeG remotely  (Read 725 times)

marek

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
Playing MeG remotely
« on: October 28, 2021, 04:20:56 PM »
Hi

Hoping for a bit of advice. A friend and myself started playing remote wargames via Zoom during lockdown, and as we live some distance apart, have carried this on, as well as in person games, as that way we get more games. This works fine when using a diced based C&C system, eg Hail Caesar, but we are going to start using MeG and are just wondering how we can deal (pardon the pun) with  the cards. We are both equipped with sets but dealing from independent decks would skew the card availability. Same for both so maybe not an issue. Any thoughts or advice welcome.

lionheartrjc

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
Re: Playing MeG remotely
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 06:40:07 PM »
When I have played the game on Zoom, one player "hosts" and they deal the cards and then show the opponents cards to the camera.  The only issue with this system is that cards kept over from one turn to the next are known to the opponent.  Since these are usually yellow or red it doesn't really make much difference. 

Richard

marek

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2021, 08:06:52 AM »
Richard

OK thanks - we will give that a go

Marek

steads

• Legionary
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2021, 11:20:47 AM »
I have played quite a lot remotely and all my opponents and I have just had each player use their own deck/bag. Sure it removes the impact of retaining cards but it has had little impact on the game overall

sppenn

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2021, 06:43:10 PM »
Has anyone used Tabletop Simulator to play MeG?  Just curious.  I have not. 

Tommy

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2021, 10:43:34 PM »
I have a way of playing MeG remotely which allows you to keep cards secret if you want. That is that both players use their card decks. I also play MeG on tabletop simulator.