Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dismounting occurs in Movement but is not a Prompted Move  (Read 228 times)

LeighDunn

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
Dismounting occurs in Movement but is not a Prompted Move
« on: January 11, 2021, 08:21:39 AM »
Hi Team

Quick question although dismounting occurs in movement it is not specified as a prompted movement So the question is after/before dismounting playing the yellow card can the unit make a prompted move?

Regards

nikgaukroger

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
Re: Dismounting occurs in Movement but is not a Prompted Move
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 01:03:08 PM »
Good question.

I have always believed that placing stakes, etc. is a prompted action although you are right that it is not on the prompted action table (I have a feeling it used to be a couple of years ago). If it is not then there are some undesirable (IMO) consequences.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 03:36:34 PM by nikgaukroger »
"The Roman Empire was not murdered and nor did it die a natural death; it accidentally committed suicide."

lionheartrjc

• TWZ Team
  • Tribunus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 01:52:39 PM »
My opinion is that dismounting is a prompted action, but I accept that the rules do not explicitly state this.  The definition of Prompted Action (page 218) is "All the actions that can be triggered by the playing of cards.  All can be done as single UG or block moves.".

As Nik says, playing it any other way leads to a lot of undesirable consequences.  Note that it is possible to dismount a block by playing a Yellow and Green card (which again is not explicitly stated in the rules).

Richard

LeighDunn

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 11:05:48 AM »
Thanks Nic and Richard

Following on from the quote from page 218 and add from page 80 that only a single prompted action can be made in any turn which would settle my dismounting question as doesn't fall under one of the four exceptions.

Regards

badhabum

• Tribunus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 09:31:56 AM »
For NIK :  PG 209 , point 18 Stakes states

1 Stakes can be emplaced at the end of deployment...;;;

2 Otherwise to emplace stakes to the front of the UG requires an M1 prmpted action and UG must be at 4 MU or more from ennemy TUG

nikgaukroger

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 09:36:53 AM »
Teach me to look at the actual definitions  ;D ;D ;D
"The Roman Empire was not murdered and nor did it die a natural death; it accidentally committed suicide."