Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Unable to add images to posts?  (Read 236 times)

Plantagenet

• Auxilia
    • View Profile
Unable to add images to posts?
« on: December 06, 2020, 01:51:48 AM »
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong here but for the life of me I can't get the image link thing to work at all.  I've tried from both Dropbox and Google Drive, posting the link to a photo that I've selected as 'anyone with link can view' but once I click 'Post' or 'Save' (if I'm trying Edit for the umpteenth time trying to get it to work) nothing happens.  No image embeds and at least from my end I can't even see a link that anyone can click, it's just blank below the last paragraph.  I hardly ever use the image facility on any forums so I'm not that bothered about it, frustrating that it won't work for me though.  Guess I must be doing something wrong, either that or Dropbox / Google Drive are just crap and don't support the function, or at least not how I'm trying to do it.

nikgaukroger

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to add images to posts?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 08:11:46 AM »
You can attach small pictures using the Attachment section just below the text input area - but the file size limit is very small so not that useful.

Best way is to use one of the image hosting services such as Imgur - https://imgur.com/ - that allow images to be shared for free and copy and paste the BB code they generate. Not all hosting services allow the linking on forums - might be due to security issues - and some only allow it to subscribers, but Imgur certainly works for free.
"The Roman Empire was not murdered and nor did it die a natural death; it accidentally committed suicide."

Plantagenet

• Auxilia
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to add images to posts?
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 01:32:54 AM »
Cheers Nik, I'll take a look this week.  I've found Google Drive has worked OK for sharing files but even that was a bit of a rigmarole but I have a feeling that with images it has something to do with the kind of link it generates such that one can click on a link in an email and view an image but that image will not populate a forum post as the link requires someone to interact with it to open the picture.  At least that's my theory LOL.