Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Basing 28mm Figures  (Read 906 times)

SteveO

• Legionary
    • View Profile
Basing 28mm Figures
« on: June 08, 2020, 11:21:40 AM »
I am putting together a 28mm Early Imperial Roman Magna army with Victrix plastics. The figures are lovely but I see no way of making four infantry fit on a 60mm x 40mm base. (I have not yet tried cavalry!) Even a friend who is putting a pike army together is struggling to see how to fit them. It is as much a result of the animated nature of the miniatures as their physical size.

This is my first foray into 28mm so I would be interested to know what other people do with their 28mm basing.

Cheers, Steve

lionheartrjc

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
Re: Basing 28mm Figures
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 04:51:36 PM »
Three figures to a base is quite acceptable.  The 60mm "standard" was established when 28mm figures didn't exist (they were 20 or 25mm!).  I put close infantry on a 20mm deep base and loose infantry on a 30mm deep base.  Most cavalry still fit on a 40mm deep base, but I must admit I have a few that I had to fit on a 50mm deep base.  From a playing perspective it doesn't really make any difference.

Richard

SteveO

• Legionary
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2020, 11:21:03 PM »
Thanks Richard - I think I might use three-to-base and use a counter to show what order the flexible are in. Steve

Cyrus

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2020, 09:13:23 AM »
I play mainly 28mm but use 80mm base widths with various movement trays and it works fine, a lot of my games now are solo anyway.