Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Flying UGs in MeGF  (Read 574 times)

Doomsmile

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
Flying UGs in MeGF
« on: January 17, 2021, 08:37:24 PM »
Inspired by the Lord of the Rings lists for MeGF, I’ve been looking into building army lists for my local RPG group’s home brew fantasy setting— hopefully as a gateway into MeG for those who might get into minis once the plague clears.

A big problem is that a few very prominent types of troops from that setting fly, and canonically used that ability to go right over the front lines’ heads and dive-bomb second line units (archers, artillery, baggage, etc.).

This is an absurdly powerful ability in MeG (and was also absurdly powerful in-setting). How would one balance and price such an ability in MeGF?

I am especially worried about units that function as airborne light melee cavalry, for the reasons described above.
(I noticed that the draft-rules for dragons are able to fly over people’s heads, but I am less worried about that kind of unit; they would be far too expensive and valuable to use for the kind of harassment, picking off soft targets, and setting up flank/rear charges that I am most worried about.)

Thank you all for your help and input!!!