Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Battlewagons finalised - feel free to use but explain in full to any opponents  (Read 5707 times)

lionheartrjc

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
The diagram should not be taken that literally.  Battlewagons making an M9 action should turn on the front corner as for other UGs.

This has implications for Battlewagons in line in a block in that they may not all be able to turn (because in turning into column the UG becomes deeper).

Richard

Perhaps make a diagram that is showing the reality of the situation?
The questions asked perhaps show gaps in the explanation about WW

Diagram modified for the PDF edition.

Richard

badhabum

• Imperator
    • View Profile
More BWG questions do arrise whe test playing and as there are still disagreements I continue here :

Fighting and shooting

A battlewagon base is 1 BW wide and 2 BW long.

What happened is that the a 2 bases TUG BWG was hit on its short 1 BW edge

The owner still wanted to use the long edge to shoot at other targets arguing that it was not fighting. So it could shhot ..

I argued that the BASE was fighting and so busy . While fighting it could not shoot at all !

BWG as overlap

A BWG can fight as an overlap or one BW of a BWG base could fight as an overlap as if there are no overlaps vs BWG, BWG can fight as overlap !

« Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 04:25:22 PM by badhabum »

lionheartrjc

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
A battlewagon is treated as 2 files (1 for each BW of frontage) for combat.  A file in combat cannot shoot but  the file not in combat (or as a supporting file) is eligible to shoot.  Indeed it can shoot in both directions (as any 2BW of the long edges of a battlewagon can shoot).

Yes a BWg can fight as a supporting file.  It is when fighting against troops with Barricades that you cannot claim a supporting file.

Richard

Ambiorix

• Legionary
    • View Profile
A battlewagon is treated as 2 files (1 for each BW of frontage) for combat.  A file in combat cannot shoot but  the file not in combat (or as a supporting file) is eligible to shoot.  Indeed it can shoot in both directions (as any 2BW of the long edges of a battlewagon can shoot).

Yes a BWg can fight as a supporting file.  It is when fighting against troops with Barricades that you cannot claim a supporting file.

Richard

Yes, the rules for shooting state only 'files' not Bases.
but didnt realize BWg gives support as overlap.
Still have a lot to learn on using BWg :)

Ambiorix

• Legionary
    • View Profile
2 more questions when shooting with a BWg TUG consisting of 1 Xbow and 1 Gun :

- p184 states Art causes extra slowing effect : so does this means the slowing effect is not limited to 3 BW ?  If I hit twice with
  Xbow and twice with the Gun, do I cause a 6 BW slowing effect ?

- if a charge on the BWg (in column) hits the 2 BW of Xbow but not the Gun BW (the latter only fire as support during the
  charge), does this still qualify for the extra KAB test?

Thx for your responses,

Ambiorix

• Legionary
    • View Profile

- p184 states Art causes extra slowing effect : so does this means the slowing effect is not limited to 3 BW ?  If I hit twice with
  Xbow and twice with the Gun, do I cause a 6 BW slowing effect ?

Bad example, imagine 2 BWg with guns causing 8 hits (4 'S')  against 2 wide enemy - is the enemy slowed down by 7 BW (3+extra 4) or is 4 BW the max ?

nikgaukroger

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
The additional BW slows from S results from artillery shooting are, as they are described, additional to the normal calculation - page 184/5 describes pretty clearly IMO using an example of 2 S hits on a 2 wide UG causing a 4 BW slow. So if you had 4 S results from shooting (not the KaB dice guns/cannon get as they are, as they say on the tin, KaB not shooting) you would indeed cause a 7 BW slow effect  ;D
"The Roman Empire was not murdered and nor did it die a natural death; it accidentally committed suicide."

Ambiorix

• Legionary
    • View Profile
ok THX for the Slowing Effects - clear now to me.
Not sure I understand your expression on the KAB, I presume no extra KAB for guns when (only) shooting in support...

nikgaukroger

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
Indeed; as their base is not being charged there is no extra KaB.

Apologies for the colloquialism there  :P
"The Roman Empire was not murdered and nor did it die a natural death; it accidentally committed suicide."

badhabum

• Imperator
    • View Profile
The description of BWG may have to be a little bit upgraded  ;D

badhabum

• Imperator
    • View Profile
8.   They may not charge, intercept, countercharge, pursue, ambush, skirmish, run away or flank march, or make MF1 or MF2 prompted actions.

To be a bit heavy handed : as it is not forbidden, BWG may move to position themselves as supporting file in a melee correct ?

lionheartrjc

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
I believe there is nothing in the rules that forbids a Battlewagon from moving into a position to be a supporting file.

Richard