Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lowland Thracian 2402 puzzle  (Read 100 times)

AntiokosIII

• Centurion
    • View Profile
Lowland Thracian 2402 puzzle
« on: August 27, 2024, 07:15:43 PM »
Here’s a puzzle- at least to me. The Lowland Thracians are allowed 2 sub generals and/or 3 internal allied generals. I thought I might try out an ungainly (but perhaps more accurate) list with no subs and 3 internal allies, just for funzies, to see how many times I got stung by the leadership/unreliability bug.

It can’t be done. The Nobles are mandatory, so both the CiC and each ally has to have a unit, which must be in 6’s. You get a total of 18, so 3 units max, which means at least one command goes without, and since they are mandatory for both the main list and each ally….

Of course any sensible person would simply play with 2 allies and one sub, solving the problem. Those who know me will realize that this would never occur to me. Is there a way I have missed to run a legal list with 3 internal allies?
Miniature Wargaming is the only completely honorable form of warfare ever invented by man.

nikgaukroger

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
Re: Lowland Thracian 2402 puzzle
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2024, 08:25:57 PM »
If there are not enough bases available in the list for the ally's usual minima then you simply do not take the required number. So in this case one ally does not have any nobles.

It is covered by the allies section in the list PDFs.
"The Roman Empire was not murdered and nor did it die a natural death; it accidentally committed suicide."