Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sideways Baggage  (Read 692 times)

AntiokosIII

• Centurion
    • View Profile
Sideways Baggage
« on: March 20, 2024, 07:22:21 PM »
I am working towards fielding an Assyrian army. I have a few resin fort pieces and thought I might use them for fortified baggage. I usually field baggage on two 80x60 metal bases which, placed side by side, give you the correct footprint. This allows one to put together a mini diorama, which always looks better IMHO.

My problem is that the buildings don’t really fit unless the bases go end to end. The total area of the baggage is still correct, but the exact footprint is wrong. It does look good, in my eyes, anyway.

Clearly, this arrangement departs from the strict letter of the rule. Does Anyone think this deviation would give me some sort of advantage? Does anyone think they would object to baggage done this way? My hope is that all will be so awestruck by the beauty of my fortress that they will be too astonished to object.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 09:16:11 PM by AntiokosIII »
Miniature Wargaming is the only completely honorable form of warfare ever invented by man.

philfigo

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
Re: Sideways Baggage
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2024, 01:22:33 PM »
I think you can have a photo of your fortifications in the correct footprint and place your fortifications on it
so if anyone wants to attack your baggage you can show him the right format but less pretty
it's only if someone comes to attack them  ;)

lionheartrjc

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2024, 01:51:05 PM »
As far as I am aware, a camp doesn't have a direction.  The only requirement when deploying the camp is that it is touching the rear edge.  This could be just a corner.

Richard

nikgaukroger

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2024, 02:06:04 PM »
As far as I am aware, a camp doesn't have a direction.  The only requirement when deploying the camp is that it is touching the rear edge.  This could be just a corner.

Richard

I think the OP was looking to deploy their 2 bases such that the camp was something like 160x60.

Obviously outside of a comp do whatever you and your opponent agree on, however, for comps I think "philfigo" has the solution - have a correct sized base showing where the camp really is to avoid issues; this could be paper thin and coloured/textured so as not to distract so leaving your lovely model for all to admire.
"The Roman Empire was not murdered and nor did it die a natural death; it accidentally committed suicide."

AntiokosIII

• Centurion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2024, 07:50:45 PM »
Wow, good ideas! Thanks for the help. This army gets to see the table a week from now.
Miniature Wargaming is the only completely honorable form of warfare ever invented by man.