Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 28mm victrix basing ?  (Read 735 times)

glenny25

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
28mm victrix basing ?
« on: June 17, 2023, 06:36:01 PM »
Hi all , am looking into going from 15mm to 28mm Pacto , I did buy a few sprus of victrix to test , however they do look big for 60mm x 30mm , what bases sizes do you use for them ? thanks glen

SimonStokes

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
Re: 28mm victrix basing ?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2023, 07:53:02 PM »
There's probably many many answers to this one, so I'll just stick to the approach we've used in my local group. 

We started from the position of using individually based Victrix Dark Age figures for SAGA and then moved on to using the same figures for MeG.  We used sabot bases from warbases with figures mounted on 2p coins.  Conveniently 2 figures side by side had a 6cm by 3 cm frontage/depth so we just used 2 figures per MeG base for TUGs and 1 figure with a blank sabot for SUGs.  This also meant that for TUGs we could just remove a figure and place it behind the unit to represent wounds.

We're also doing a "large Pacto" variant with the same figures using double the base width and double the base depth meaning a warbases 2x4 sabot base equates to a single MeG base which looks more visually appealing.

If you're wedded to multi figure basing however you might want to try increasing your base depth to 4cm to fit those large Victrix puddle bases on or removing the figures from their puddle bases altogether.

SteveO

• Legionary
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2023, 01:12:23 AM »
I have a Pacto Early Imperial Roman army in (notional) 28mm. Beautiful figures but very large. By careful positioning I could make the infantry fit on standard 60 x 30mm bases although it does require fiddling. There is no way the cavalry will fit on standard bases so I used 60 x 60mm - even then it is a tight fit.

glenny25

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2023, 09:14:13 AM »
Thanks lads for the info , glen