Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Artillery turning 90 degrees  (Read 612 times)

accard

• Legionary
    • View Profile
Artillery turning 90 degrees
« on: August 25, 2022, 02:35:45 AM »
If a SuG of  3 bases of artillery behind barricades turns 90 degrees can it end up still being three wide facing in the new direction? Or does it end up two wide and thus remain so for the rest of the game? Can it straddle the barricades in the new facing?

lionheartrjc

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
Re: Artillery turning 90 degrees
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 06:47:33 AM »
This seems to me to be an oversight in the rules.  One for the clarifications.  Personally I would allow it to turn 3 wide.   Yes artillery can straddle the barricades, but if it straddles the barricades it no longer is defending them.

Richard

badhabum

• Imperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2022, 11:03:16 AM »
So would you allow cannons behind barricades to pivot forward and so "cross" the barricades ? (I will see some artillery at IWC soyes it might be interesting to be 100% sure )

lionheartrjc

• TWZ Team
  • Imperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2022, 01:25:42 PM »
The new PDF edition allows artillery to pivot backwards and remain behind barricades.  This will be in the clarifications that will be issued at the same time.

No special rule for turning 90 degrees, so if it turns 90 a three wide UG would become 2 wide.  So turning heavy artillery does permanently reduce the shooting capability of the UG (which is fair enough).  A two wide UG is okay.

badhabum

• Imperator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2022, 07:39:36 PM »
The new PDF edition allows artillery to pivot backwards and remain behind barricades.  This will be in the clarifications that will be issued at the same time.

No special rule for turning 90 degrees, so if it turns 90 a three wide UG would become 2 wide.  So turning heavy artillery does permanently reduce the shooting capability of the UG (which is fair enough).  A two wide UG is okay.

Thank you

I know it is much much work so a possibility of the clarification before IWC ( 3rd week-end of January ) ?