Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Late Romans: Tubantes and Celtae Seniores, Auxillia Palatina  (Read 717 times)

Nathan

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
I've finished the first of two units using modern Legio Heroica figures and the excellent but ubiquitous Little Big Men shield transfers. I have one more similar unit and another sub-general on the painting table now have a usable 1000pt army. After that, I just have three ballista and a few extra figures to increase the heavy cavalry and cataphracts to 6 bases and the Minifigs infantry units to 8 bases then my lead pile will be Roman free for the first time in almost 40 years.

As might be expected these modern Legio Heroica figures are bigger than the old Minifigs that make up the majority of this army but the really big difference is their comparatively huge shields. As well as being large in area, the shields scale to the equivalent of about 4" thick so these are good strong lads who must all have eaten their three Weatabix, just to lift them off the ground!

https://smallitalianwars.blogspot.com
« Last Edit: May 28, 2021, 07:13:55 AM by Nathan »

PUNCH

• Legionary
    • View Profile
Re: Late Romans: Tubantes, Auxillium Palatina
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 08:42:22 PM »
top notch!

congratulations Nathan!

Cheers.

PUNCH

Nathan

• Psiloi
    • View Profile
Re: Late Romans: Tubantes and Celtae Seniores, Auxillia Palatina
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2021, 07:23:39 AM »
I've completed my second unit of Legio Heroica infantry and the last full unit I need for this army. Again the shields are Little Big Men transfers with a bit of over-painting to blend them in and match the style of my hand-painted shields.

I've just got to complete two more sub-generals to have a usable 10,000 pt army and those are just waiting varnishing and basing. After that I have some artillery and extra figures to give the Minifigs infantry the option of integral shooters and expand them to 8 bases and the cataphracts and heavy cavalry to 6 but those might have to wait a while - field grey and khaki are calling!

https://smallitalianwars.blogspot.com